Contact the manufacturer of your vehicle, machine, or device for specific algorithm recommendations on the batteries they support. Some manufacturers have their own supported list of batteries for their machines.
Authorized Delta-Q distributors will also be able to assist with algorithm recommendations for chargers and batteries they sell.
Delta-Q recommends checking the available algorithms on your charger before selecting a replacement battery. This ensures best compatibility of your charger with your batteries and prevents costly reprogramming or battery damage to your new set of batteries.
The attached tables list all available lead-acid, and some lithium, algorithms available for Delta-Q chargers. Chargers will not contain all of these algorithms onboard. See linked articles for how to add new algorithms.
Notes on the algorithm list:
- Algorithms may work well with other manufacturers' batteries of similar type and capacity. These ranges are listed in the "May Be Compatible With" column.
- If your battery does not appear on the list you can select an appropriate algorithm using these steps:
- Narrow by battery type: Flooded, AGM, or Gel.
- Choose an algorithm with an Amp Hour range which matches your battery (all ranges in the table are the C/20 or 20-hour rate found on battery datasheets).
- There may be more than one algorithm for that size. Normally one algorithm will be more "generic" than the other.
- Test the algorithm by cycling your battery and ensuring it fully recharges it and provides sufficient runtime.
To download and add the common algorithms listed in the attached table see the articles below.
For IC series battery chargers:
For QuiQ series battery chargers:
Also see this article for lithium batteries: