1. Contact your point of purchase for best support
Contact the manufacturer of your vehicle, machine, or device for specific algorithm recommendations on the batteries they support. Some manufacturers have their own supported list of batteries for their machines which may not appear in this article.
Authorized Delta-Q distributors can also assist with algorithm recommendations for chargers and batteries they sold.
Delta-Q recommends checking the available algorithms on your charger before selecting a replacement battery. This ensures the best compatibility between charger with batteries and prevents costly reprogramming or battery damage to your new set of batteries.
2. Check our list of most commonly used batteries
Delta-Q has also selected algorithms for some of the commonly seen battery models. Click your battery manufacturer below:
3. Use the Charge Profile List and Application Chart here
Check the Charge Profile List and see if your battery is listed.
- Algorithms may work well with other manufacturers' batteries of similar type and capacity. These ranges are listed in the "May Be Compatible With" column.
If your battery does not appear on the "Charge Profile List" you can select an appropriate algorithm using the Application Chart below:
- Narrow by battery type: Flooded, AGM, or Gel.
- Choose an algorithm with an Amp Hour range which matches your battery (all ranges in the table are the C/20 or 20-hour rate found on battery datasheets).
- There may be more than one algorithm for that size. Normally one algorithm will be more "generic" than the other.
- Test the algorithm by cycling your battery and ensuring it fully recharges it and provides sufficient runtime.
4. Download and install algorithms yourself
To download and add the common algorithms listed in the "Charge Profile List" and "Application Chart", see the articles below.
For support of lithium batteries: